Saturday, January 8, 2011

Plan For 2011

So, I am going to try this whole Blog thing again.   
It is now January 2011 and I still can’t believe that 2010 is over and gone.  So much has changed over the past year and it is quite amazing to see where I and my family are at this time in our journey.  I am still busy but really, when is that going to change? I have made a few recent changes in my life but I don’t like to call them my ‘resolutions’.  I feel that if I give them that title, I am bound to give up or fail.  I am making a focused effort to make these changes a part of my life, for the long run.
#1:  I will stop smoking, indefinitely.  I have set my official end date on January 15th.  I quit a few months ago but didn’t stay on my medication and started back up after 3 months of quitting.  This really bummed me out because I thought I was done and I quit taking the medication.  Later my Dr. informed me that I need to stay on the med. for at least a year.  Ohhhh, that would have been nice to know.  Anyway, it is going to happen this time.
#2: I will get my life more balanced between work, teaching, family time, house chores, and MY time.  Now, mind you, I really don’t know how I am going to do this.  I really don't believe in the “to do” lists or that “positive thinking” will fix it all.  I don’t wanna read a book about “taking back control of your life”.  All of these things are kind of ridiculous to me.  I feel that to sit down and write a list or read a book is just a way of distracting yourself from the real work.  I mean, you know what you need to do, you just for some reason or another choose not to get it done.  I know that books and lists work for other people and if you are one of the persons it works for, congrats!  I on the other hand will be having an inner monolog that will sound something like “you know you have paperwork to finish for work, get off your ass and get it done” or “get off Facebook and vacuum the damn rug” and maybe even “wake up and get to the gym you fat ass”.  So if you hear me talking to myself, you know what the conversation is about and that you don’t need to worry about getting me in to see a psychiatrist.
#3:  Get my Christmas decorations down and packed away.  Yeah, I said it.  I have yet to take down our tree or the decorations.  This will get accomplished by an internal monolog of “dear Lord, it is February women.  Take down the freaking stockings!!!”
#4: I will make it to the gym at least 3x a week.  I want to drop these few extra lbs.  Actually…I should be honest…few extra lbs is kind of an understatement.  I think I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life.  I know that I am always happier when I am working out.  I also feel better when I can actually fit into my damn pants.  So, I will go to the gym with my friend and listen to fun music while doing the elliptical or treadmill.  There are worse things in life, right?
Okay, that is all for today.  I may come up with some more changes but I think this will be a good start.  I should probably check Facebook and then tell myself to get up and vacuum the damn rug.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please keep'em nice...I cry easily.