Sorry I haven’t updated about the Mom situation. We are all good. So, the short story is we had a huge cancer scare. Mom had her surgery and it went great. Get this…they pulled a FOOTBALL sized tumor out of her tummy along with 7 liters of fluid. I think she lost like 10+ pounds, which she is obviously happy about :0). Anyway, this tumor was completely benign and in fact it was some rare type of disease called Meigs Syndrome, you can look it up if you want. The Dr. stated that this was only the second or third time he has seen this and he has been a surgeon for over 30 years. Crazy, right? It was so funny, when we got to go back and see Mom in the recovery room, we told her about the news and she said…”Hahaha I told you it wasn’t cancer. I knew I would be fine hahaha”. Leave it to my Mom. Those who know her can probably picture her saying that, she is a tough cookie. She got to go home yesterday and is feeling pretty good…so she says. I can never really tell with her. She never wants to worry my sister or me and will often keep issues hidden till she has to say something. I got to thinking…9 years ago on 9/11/01 she went in for a liver transplant and came out kickin’ and then yesterday on 9/11/10 she went home from a big surgery. I know that 9/11 is often a day of mourning for my fellow Americans because of the terrible and senseless terrorist attacks. Every year I mourn but also celebrate because my Mom is still here. We call it her second birthday.
So with all this that went down on Tuesday the 7th we were also supposed to start the home schooling thang. Obviously it didn’t happen so when I got home we started on Thursday. I still don’t have my friggin curriculum which upsets me because I ordered the stuff way ahead of time! Oh-well, we have borrowed some books and got started with what we could. My stuff should be here by the 15th…we will see. So far it is going okay. There are a few “bugs” that we have to get worked out but really it is a pretty big transition for Shawn and Annie (Shea did home school with us last year) so I expected some issues. I am excited to really get into the swing of things and find my routine. I struggle with things in chaos and when I didn’t have any curriculum to work with, it was a mess. Plus on Wednesday Ryann woke with a stuffy nose and watery eyes. She got worse throughout the day and woke with the same issues on Thursday along with a fever. She didn’t get to go to preschool, which was really sad because it was her day to bring snacks for all her friends. There were lots of tears. Anyway, she was sick, grumpy and just wanted Mom to hold her. So I did what teaching I could between nose wipes, a few Dora episodes, and snuggles. When she went down for her nap the big kids and I really got down to business. She is all better now and ready for her next day at preschool.
Okay...I want to thank everyone who prayed for my family and sent good thoughts…IT WORKED!!!
awesome! but you are leaving us in suspense... what happened on her first day of preschool?
ReplyDeleteSUCH great news. I prayed for Jude and was wondering how she was doing -thanks for the update!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your Mom is okay! I know how scary it can be to have your Mom so sick....I had a similar scare with my Mom...they removed a fist sized tumor from her brain almost 2 years ago! Your Mom is one tough lady:)
ReplyDelete